My Rating Scale is very simple. I do not post reviews about novels that I Did Not Finish. I “might” now and then put up a mini-review of those that I silently DNF with a one or two line reason for not finishing.
Just because a book did nothing for me — does not mean that the next person will not love it and make it their new favorite of all time. I try to be fair – and never, ever review the author – but there are times that a book just doesn’t do “it” for me, no matter how many chances I give it.
What you will find here will be mostly 4’s, 3’s some 2’s and, unfortunately the occasional 1’s.. with the occasional 5
There IS a 5+ category ~ extremely rare, but a novel that just blew me away and I loved with everything in my heart and soul. It does not happen often – rare like dinos.
- 5 outta 5 = an amazing novel
- 4 outta 5 = a really, excellent novel
- 3 outta 5 = a good novel, enjoyed it and would recommend it
- 2 outta 5 = it was okay, I mostly enjoyed it but I really would not suggest buying, maybe borrowing from your local library is the best bet
- 1 outta 5 = it really wasn’t worth the time I put into it – not for me
There you have it. Not complicated, not mean-hearted. But fair, in my opinion.
Actually my rating system is similar to Goodreads:
5 stars = it was amazing
4 stars = really liked it
3 stars = liked it
2 stars = it was ok
1 star = did not like it